Grand Pavois at La Rochelle
The Grand Pavois and La Rochelle
If you are attending the 2013 Grand Pavois you should not miss out on the opportunity to also enjoy the delights of La Rochelle. This unique visitors guide covers what to do, sight seeing, where to eat and drink, shopping, markets and much much more.
As one of France's foremost seaports during the 14th to 17th centuries, La Rochelle has a rich and fascinating history. The famous harbour towers, the vieux port, city fortifications, arcaded walkways and half-timbered merchant's houses are all rich reminders of it's seafaring past. Today the city hosts a long list of cultural, artistic and sporting events and has an excellent range of restaurants.
La Rochelle's ablity to combine it's historical past with a vibrant modern approach to life creates one of the most attractive and dynamic cities in France.
Travel and tourist information
Completely up to date (published October 2012) the guide is perfect for both planning your visit and using while you are in La Rochelle at the Grand Pavois.
- The fascinating history of La Rochelle to set the scene for your visit
- A 'turn by turn' city walking tour that takes in all the main sights
- The Old Port (Vieux Port) area
- Descriptions of all the main attractions with entry times and prices.
- Where to eat and drink with suggested restaurants and cafés
- Local markets, antiques and the best places to shop
- Nightlife - café society in the Old Port, the casino, bars and nightclubs
- Visiting Île de Ré
- Useful information, where to park in La Rochelle, local transport, special tickets for tourists etc
Accompanying the guide is the on-line interactive map showing all the places of interest.
Check out the full Table of Contents for full details of what's included in the guide.
The guide is available for immediate download and can be viewed on almost all devices.